Monday, May 9, 2011

What I Thought I Wanted

1. If I say I want a pony, you buy it. 

2. You hold my hand every time the lights go down in a theater and you don't let go until intermission.

3. You laugh at 78% of my jokes.

4. You constantly deflect to my better judgment.

5. Our life together makes others swoon with envy. 

6. Two hours a day are dedicated to you listening to me complain. 

7. When you pack my lunch, you toast the bread so my sandwich doesn’t get soggy.

8. You finish my sentences when I’ve been drinking. 

9. You shower first so I sleep in.

10. If I have the flu, you tell one bedtime story that has a character named after me.

11. You promise me that at least once before we die, we will do a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle together on our dining room table.

12. When you’re on your way to see me, you walk a little faster. 

13. You accept that the only thing I know how to cook is french toast and bacon. 

14. When you talk to me, you never run out of nice things to say.

15. The first time you spend the night, you decide to wake up next to me forever. 

16. If we’re at a restaurant and I don't move when the bill arrives, you automatically pay.

17. Visiting an art museum is a fun and romantic way to spend an afternoon. 

18. I am never a distraction.

19. Each of my worries is a delight to your ears.

20. You love me until it is routine.   

2 comments:

  1. Who in the world could possibly need any food other than French Toast and bacon??! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happen to agree with you; therefore, our pending nuptials will be highly celebrated.

    ReplyDelete